Four years ago, in 2E 578, an arcane explosion of energy in the Imperial City set off mystical aftershocks that swept across Nirn. Mages died or went mad. Supernatural abominations from the plane of Oblivion, the Daedra, appeared in greater numbers than ever before. The constellation of the Serpent grew so large that it dominated the night sky.
So began the grand scheme of Molag Bal, Daedric Prince of domination and enslavement. His Dark Anchors, vortexes of evil magic, weaken the barrier between worlds, threatening to merge Nirn and Oblivion into a single, nightmarish hellscape.
In the midst of this chaos, three alliances vie for control of the Imperial City and the White-Gold Tower. High Rock, Sentinel, and Orsinium stand as one, united under the rule of the High King in Wayrest. Valenwood and Elsweyr have forged an alliance of their own with Summerset, while Black Marsh, Morrowind, and Skyrim have formed a third, uneasy pact.
The Daggerfall Covenant. The Aldmeri Dominion. The Ebonheart Pact.
Three armies will take up arms against the Empire, and against each other, to wrest control of the Imperial City and White-Gold Tower from the dark forces of Oblivion itself.
Where do your loyalties lie?'
Okay. I'm just gonna say it. It looks AMAZING.
My god I am so excited, I have signed up for Beta testing and I hope to the heavens that I get the chance to try it before it is properly released next Spring.
The game is set 1000 years before Skyrim, and, like everyone had hoped, right across Tamriel. Everything that I thought was missing from Skyrim has been added. Seriously!
- You can now make meals and other concoctions from food and ingredients you collect. No more pointless bread loaves in your inventory. This is going to be a really cool part of the game I think.
- Character creation is SO much more detailed. You can change all the weights and proportions of your character, as well as having much more choice of hairstyles, tattoos and colours. Plus, the face customisation has been taken into even more depth; you can use a triangular slider to make your characters' face seem 'herioc', 'soft' or 'angular', which sounds great!
- There are new 'gathering and exploration' features. There are of course, chests and barrels etc that have items in them. Books to find.You can craft and make new things. There are these stone things that are dotted around the world that will give you new powers, and Skyshards that increase your skills. Like the word walls in Skyrim I imagine.
- You can compete in fishing with other players!
- You can explore the whole of Tamriel. Skyrim, Oblivion and Morrowind have been kept the same (or very similar) as how they appear in the previous Elder Scrolls games, gotta love continuity.
- The combat features are in more depth, with new options for attacking and defending.
- Every player is on a single 'megaserver', which is incredible, and will make it so much better.
- There's loads more. But, one last point. It is so beautiful;
The Ebonheart Pact is made up of the Nords, Dark Elves and Argonians; all previous enemies. Fighting for stability and the chance to rule themselves.
The Bretons, Redquards and Orcs have combined to become the Daggerfall Convenent. A mixture of talents but with one common cause - the return of the Second Empire.
There is so much more to this game than I have just described, but, already, it sounds truly fantastic. I am so excited. It is everything I had hoped it would be. I can't wait!